Friday, August 2, 2013

I'm BACK...and on the go!

Recently I had the opportunity to get back out into the world and do some traveling. I was introduced to a lovely and enormously funny accountant who was going to Reno for a bowling tournament and she was willing to take me along. I figured, what the hey, I've never been to Nevada and I love bowling so why not!?

We left bright and early on a Saturday morning only to be delayed at the airport for 2 hours. Fortunately I was along to keep my travel companions entertained. 

And we were finally off - and got a window seat, no less.  I do enjoy the window seat.

After about four hours of flying and a layover in Denver, we arrived safe and sound in Reno.  And they had a lovely sign to welcome us at the airport.


While my companions were waiting for their baggage, I decided to try my hand at a little video poker.  No big win, but maybe next time!


Patiently waiting for our baggage.  They had quite the fun little decorations - very clever.


Once we got our bags and our rental vehicle, we headed on over to the Sands Regency to check into our room.  Quite nice little digs.


I was informed by my companions that it is tradition to make a stop or two at Mel's Diner.  Very tasty food and a fun atmosphere.  


'The Biggest Little City in the World' - I had to get my picture taken with the arch!


The National Bowling Stadium


My companions were not bowling in the stadium this year but in the convention center (pictures of that to come) but some of their family were bowling here so we got to go inside and experience it.  There are 78 lanes!  Wow!


This is the Reno/Tahoe Convention Center where my companions were bowling.  I found it interesting that they actually build the lanes to use for the tournament!


They are so welcoming here!


We were traveling with some very lovely children so of course we had to make a trip over to Circus Circus to play some games and take in a show.  I, alas did not win any prizes but the children did quite well!  If you look closely, you can see one of them in the picture on the left. :)  Hi Jaylee!


The circus act that we got to see - this girl balanced on a wire with a number of different objects like a ladder and a unicycle.  She was very talented!


Day 2 of bowling for my companions - they needed to keep refreshed for the six games they had to bowl - I was tired just watching them!


Taking in the bowling action from one of the lovely chairs that are provided.


Since it was a bowling trip, I thought it fitting to take a picture with the bowling balls!


Me and my traveling companion Tiffany after they were finished bowling.


The ladies were kind enough to bring me to the restroom but they said this was as far as they would go.



No comments: